Saturday, January 25, 2014

Intro

Hi Folks. My name is Jim and I love breakfast. Some of my friends (Brooksie) mentioned off hand that I should write about my experiences at all the different places I eat breakfast. So, I'm going to give it a whirl.

I am NOT a professional critic or cook/chef. Hell, I don't even cook at home for myself. So, this simple blog will not dissect the meals. I won't explain how things are prepared or seasoned, etc... This is simply a basic "Yay" or "Nay" decision. I'll try and give a short and concise explanation. There will be some that I choose as a "Nay", based on other factors, other than quality of food.

This is definitely a low brow, just for fun experiment.

Figured I'd start with some basic info that I could share as just a matter of things on my mind.

Current "Best":

1.Daniel Webster Inn, Sandwich, MA
- This is my favorite due to the atmosphere..eg: greenhouse style room, linen tablecloth, linen napkins, WiFi.
  The food is top quality and typically delicious and they leave a coffee jug on the table.

2. Wildflower Cafe Duxbury, MA:
- Quaint little place with quality, local ingredient food. Bonus = homemade honey butter and jams. Also,      flavored syrups.

3. Hoagies Diner Pocasset, MA
- Retro 50's style diner. Quick service. Simple food, yet very tasty. BEST VALUE! Good food & coffee for
 under $10.

4. Aunt Aleda's Mansfield, MA:
- Quality food, fresh baked goods (Raspberry Babka). Really good homefries that mix redbliss and a few sweet potato chunks.

5. The Rox W.Roxbury, MA:
- The BEST eggs bene w/smoked salmon and their homefries are oven roasted.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Brunch

1. Tek-Nique Bedford, NH:
- Yum, Yum, Yum.....Best food overall.

2. Clearwater Cafe @ Holiday Inn Mansfield, MA:
- BEST Value. Nice setting, many choices of food, decent quality food. Missing live music to make it   Awesome.

3. Tinker's Son Norwell, MA:
- Live Celtic music!!! Pretty yummy food. I'm not a huge fan of the service set-up, seems a tad crowded.

4. Colonel Blackinton Inn Attleboro, MA:
- Live jazz music...usually just a duo. Quality food.

5.Moonstones Chelmsford, MA:
- A la Carte style. Very yummy.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Special Items:

1. East Side Millis, MA:
- Home baked cinnamon swirl French toast. YUM-YUM. Slices are about 1 1/2 inches thick.

2. Norwood Town Square Diner Norwood, MA:
- Blueberry French toast. They press the blueberries into the batter onto the bread. Mmmm.

3. The Mug Marshfield, MA:
- Broccoli Skillet. Diced redbliss potato, covered w/egg (as you like it) and then covered in cheese sauce. I     typically order mine w/diced tomato and diced ham.

4. Purple Finch Cafe Bedford, NH:
- California Eggs bene. Delicious.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A few quick "Nays"!!

1. Country Fare Falmouth, MA:
- Terrible tasting food/coffee

2. Strawberry Fair Norwell, MA:
- Over priced for the quality.

3. Stonebridge Brockton, MA:
- Lousy food.

4. Jeep Grill Norwood, MA
- Don't bother

5. Amber Road Cafe Canton, MA:
- This place Breaks my heart! :-(.......they have quality and delicious food. But, I personally am boycotting
them due to their "minimum" charge for using credit card/debit card. I can tolerate a small minimum, but, they want $25!!!! NOPE! Crazy.

6. Crabapples Falmouth, MA:
- Even just one bad experience will sour me. To many other places to eat. The food was pretty decent the couple times that I went, however, one time the waitress failed to clear my plate, even though it wasn't busy and she had a couple of opportunities. On top of that, I left $15 cash for a $12+ total. She did not return with my change!


_________________________________________________________________________________

OK....I think that's enough ranting to kick things off. When I try a new place, I will try to remember to log on and "Blog"!!

Stay Tuned..................


No comments:

Post a Comment