Monday, January 27, 2014

A few years ago I had a silly notion to combine 2 of my favortie hobbies: breakfast & roadtrips. I decided I'd have breakfast in every city/town of Massachusetts. There are 351. I sort of forgot about the idea for a while, however, now that I've taken the plunge to start this blog, I'm going to re-start my quest.

As of now from off the top of my head memory, I've hit 58 cities/towns. This is just from the past few years. I didn't include the towns in Western MA from when I visited friends back in the college days and there were plenty of towns I had breakfast with my Dad during the Summers I worked with him. NO. I am not going to start from the begining just so I can blog & log my travels. Y'all will just have to take my word for it. From today on, I will list my tally next to my entry, you'll notice what I mean below.

So, that's why I was in Carver this morning.
___________________________________________________________________

D's Omelet Shop Carver, MA: 58/351
- Bland, boring and the homefries had a funny, mushy consistency. I think they may have been packaged        potatoes. I asked how they were cooked and all I got for an answer was "cast iron skillet", I guess I could  have asked if they were fresh cut. Oh well.

In addition this place was CASH Only which I strongly frown upon. Although I confess that the place with my favorite cinnamon swirl French toast, is also cash only.

Any who....for me it's a definite: "Nay!"

No comments:

Post a Comment